Third C-Energy2020 Masterclass
National Contact Points need to respond to demanding client requests on a vast array of issues. At this Masterclass, organised in the context of the C-Energy2020 project, NCPs will be trained on how to help organisations from their countries to prepare strong dissemination and exploitation plans and sound business plans. It will also cover knowledge management and protection strategies.
There is an increasing emphasis on exploitation and the route to commercialisation in Horizon 2020. Proposals must include a dissemination and exploitation plan and elements of a business plan. These plans must clearly define how research results will be implemented and how they will impact on the market, on future developments and policy making.
The objective of the Masterclass is to train NCPs to recognise the building blocks of:
- A sound business plan for innovative solutions/services;
- A robust knowledge management and protection strategy; and
- Dissemination and exploitation plans in Horizon 2020 proposals (RIA and IA projects).
The intention is that this will result in:
- Increased likelihood of commercialisation of novel technologies/services;
- Improved management of the knowledge developed in projects funded by Horizon management and protection strategies;
- Increased effectiveness of the dissemination activities funded by Horizon 2020 to increase the likelihood of exploitation.