Actions and Detail Panel
Beyondlab Barcelona - Kick off
Thu, December 15, 2016, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM CET
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
When it comes to talk about science, entrepreneurship and design together, it seems complicated. But what if not? The three fields experienced recent evolutions in the way we practice it. Most important; they are based on a common ground: transdisciplinarity. Knowledge and know-how have not to be hampered by dogmatism, divided between disciplines, separated into silos.
After, France and Japan, BeyondLab is launching in Spain in Barcelona to help solving this issue. So far we have already organized more than 50 events, gathering more than 1300 people and roughly 100 projects. We are happy to announce our first event in Catalunya to introduce you our dynamic. The event will help you to:
- Know more about our philosophy, actions and the best way to be involved in it;
- Discover innovatives, and high potential, projects at the intersection between science, entrepreneurship and design;
- Meet talented people with different backgrounds but a common desire to go further.
The event with follow the agenda:
19:15 Doors open (please come early to get a seat, we start on time)
19:30 Opening keynote on BeyondLab, by Xavier Blot
20:00 Testimonies of projects in Biotech & Energy:
- Metabostem, oncology drugs directed to the metabolic features of cancer stem cells, by Inma Valle;
- DAISEE, Decentralized Autonomous Interconnected Systems for Energy Efficiency, by Rieul Techer & Samira Rabaâoui (visio conference);
- teknoCEA from CITCEA-UPC, a spin-off company providing custom power electronics systems and services to companies and research labs.
20:30 Panel discussion with all the speakers and moderated by Xavier Blot
21:00 Closing session and Networking time
About the speakers
- Inma Valle – Founder of Metabostem, previously advisor and investor in the Biotech sector. She worked as researcher at the Diabetes Center at UCSF and she holds a PhD in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology from University Autónoma of Madrid, and a Master in Biotechnology Management with a focus on healthcare from IE Business School.
- Rieul Techer – Co-founder of the DAISEE project, co-founder of La MYNE, a hackerspace in Lyon (FR) dedicated to cleantech & biotech research and experimental projects. He has a double degree (Engineer & MSc degrees) in both Energy, Propulsion and the Environment and International Energy Management.
- Samira Rabaâoui – Tech contributeur in the DAISEE project and IT Project Manager. She holds a Ph.D. in biology from the University of Lyon.
- Jordi Giral - MSc degree at UPC on biomass gasification to produce electricity and now business developer at the technology transfer group CITCEA-UPC.
- This event is presented by Xavier Blot, Ph.D. in solar energy, founder of BeyondLab and working on Energy track for FAB city initiative.
- Language (talk and Q&A): English
- Entrance is free provided but you have RSVPed.
- This event is proudly organized in Partnership with Iaac and Fab Lab Barcelona.