When it comes to talk about science, entrepreneurship and design together, it seems complicated. But what if not? The three fields experienced recent evolutions in the way we practice it. Most important; they are based on a common ground: transdisciplinarity. Knowledge and know-how have not to be hampered by dogmatism, divided between disciplines, separated into silos.
After, France and Japan, BeyondLab is launching in Spain in Barcelona to help solving this issue. So far we have already organized more than 50 events, gathering more than 1300 people and roughly 100 projects. We are happy to announce our first event in Catalunya to introduce you our dynamic. The event will help you to:
- Know more about our philosophy, actions and the best way to be involved in it;
- Discover innovatives, and high potential, projects at the intersection between science, entrepreneurship and design;
- Meet talented people with different backgrounds but a common desire to go further.
The event with follow the agenda (please come early, we start on time):
19:15 Doors open (please come early to get a seat, we start on time)
19:30 Opening keynote on BeyondLab, by Xavier Blot
20:00 Testimonies of projects in Biotech, Energy and Food:
- Metabostem, oncology drugs directed to the metabolic features of cancer stem cells, by Inma Valle
- DAISEE, Decentralized Autonomous Interconnected Systems for Energy Efficiency, by Rieul Techer & Samira Rabaâoui
- Aquapioneers, open source aquaponic systems made in fab lab for food production and urban farming, by Guillaume Teyssie and Loic Le Goueff.
20:30 Panel discussion with all the speakers and moderated by Xavier Blot
21:00 Closing session and Networking time
About the speakers
- Inma Valle – Founder of Metabostem, previously advisor and investor in the Biotech sector. She worked as researcher at the Diabetes Center at UCSF and she holds a PhD in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology from University Autónoma of Madrid, and a Master in Biotechnology Management with a focus on healthcare from IE Business School.
- Rieul Techer – Co-founder of the DAISEE project, co-founder of La MYNE, a hackerspace in Lyon (FR) dedicated to cleantech & biotech research and experimental projects. He has a double degree (Engineer & MSc degrees) in both Energy, Propulsion and the Environment and International Energy Management.
- Samira Rabaâoui – Tech contributeur in the DAISEE project and IT Project Manager. She holds a Ph.D. in biology from the University of Lyon.
- Guillaume Teyssie – co-founder of Aquapioneers, worked several years for smart cities initiatives in France, China and Spain. He hold a double degree in international energy management from Mines de Paris and Tsinghua University.
- Loic Le Goueff – co-founder of Aquapioneers holds a double degree in Environmental engineering from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and from the Technion Israel Institute of Technology.
- This event is presented by Xavier Blot, Ph.D. in solar energy, founder of BeyondLab and working on Energy track for FAB city initiative.
- Language (talk and Q&A): English
- Entrance is free provided but you have RSVPed.
- This event is proudly organized in Partnership with Iaac and Fab Lab Barcelona.