San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
APIs & the Future of Industries
Welcome to the Platform Economy!
After a world tour in Barcelona, Berlin, San Francisco and Moscow, APIdays is coming back to Paris, for the 2014 APIdays Global Conference. This third edition will take place in downtown Paris, at the Salons du Tapis Rouge.
What is APIdays ?
APIDays is a series of international and open events about APIs, the programmable web and the Platform Economy. This 2014 edition will welcome more than 600 marketing decisions makers : CEO, CMO, VP strategists, IT managers, API evangelists, VCs, enterprises, startups, Dev Ops.
APIdays is structured as a 2-days conference with keynotes, expert panels, hands-on workshops, demonstration booths and significant networking afterhours.
Conference starts at 9.00 AM and ends at 5.00 PM.
Within two days, you’ll be able to craft your company ‘s platform strategy, assess the technologies to implement it and find the right partner to take a leap to a new economy
SHAPE YOUR API STRATEGY: discover how to think your organization as a platform through the endless opportunities offered by APIs.
COMPARE WITH BEST PRACTICES: reach more efficiently your future customers, transform unstructured data in revenues, accelerate the development and deployment of new services and open your platform to the rest of the world.
MEET THE PRACTITIONERS AND IDENTIFY PARTNERS: start implementing your API strategy right now - compare the best APIs' providers, get access to talented developers and engage with your APIs' best users.
BUILD WITH TODAY AND TOMORROW’S DE FACTO STANDARDS: build your platform company with state-of-the-art technologies and know-hows.
The APIdays will aim at crafting the future of industries, in a platform economy.
With two tracks, respectively focused on business and tech issues, we will explore how APIs disrupt Telcos&IT, retail, financial services, transport,... A special attention will be put on practical cases study and the technological benefits of APIs.
During this edition we will be pleased to welcome:
- Steve Klabnik, hypermedia evangelist, Ruby On Rails legend
- Mark Boyd , writer, urban development and APIs
- Markus Lanthaler, W3C,Creator JSON-LD and Hyper Media Driven Web APIs (HYDRA)
- Mike Swift, founder of Major League Hacking
- Nicolas Dessaigne, CEO of Algolia
- Mike Amundsen, Chief API architect at CA tech, Author of RESTful Web APIs
- Jérôme Petazzoni, Senior engineer at Docker
- Andy Thurai, Director of API and IoT program at IBM
- Romain Huet, Developer Advocate at Twitter
- Cyril Vart, VP Strategy at FABERNOVEL
- Tim Messerschmidt, Lead Developer Evangelist at PayPal
- Mehdi Medjaoui, Co-founder at OAuth.io